- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 07483131791
Terms and conditions for Nocturnal Wildlife Tours Ltd.
"Client": the person who places and pays for a tour booking
"Participant": a person confirmed on a booking paid for by the Client
"Nocturnal Wildlife Tours Ltd.": tour organiser
"NWT": abbreviation of “Nocturnal Wildlife Tours”
- Bookings and reservations explained:
For bookings made within 30 days of the tour commencement date:
A booking made within 30 days of the tour commencement date must be paid in full .
For bookings made more than 30 days prior to the tour commencement date:
A booking is confirmed upon receipt of a 25% deposit of the total tour cost. Full payment for a booking must be received at least 30 days prior to the tour commencement date. NWT will make the deadline for full payment known at the deposit and booking stage. A payment reminder will be sent to a client if full payment has not been received within 7 days of the 30 day full payment deadline. (if full payment has not been received by the deadline of 30 days prior to the tour commencement date, the deposit would be forfeit and the booking would be cancelled). We would however offer a future alternative tour date subject to availability.
Non UK residents must provide a valid form of identification in the form of a passport or identification card prior to the tour taking place.
Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian at all times.
All cancellations should be in writing (email, letter post). Verbal cancellations are not accepted.
Should a client wish to cancel a booking more than 60 days prior to the tour commencement date, the deposit will be refunded in full.
Should a client confirm they wish to cancel a booking more than 30 days prior to the tour commencement date but less than 60 days, the deposit would be non refundable. Nocturnal Wildlife Tours Ltd. would seek to provide the client with the option of booking an alternative future tour slot or offer the option of transferring the booking to another potential client*. In the event of a booking cancellation involving multiple participants, there would be no partial refund of the deposit for a booking transferred to an alternative client with a lesser number of participants**.
Should a client cancel a booking less than 30 days prior to the tour commencement date, then all monies would be forfeit. Nocturnal Wildlife tours Ltd. would seek to provide the client with the option of booking an alternative future tour date or offer the option of transferring the booking to another potential client*. In the event of a multiple client booking cancellation, there would be no partial refund for a booking transferred to an alternative client with a lesser number of participants**.
- Tour Cancellations :
NWT is alone entitled to decide if a tour is to proceed in the context of the prevailing weather at any given time or in relation to any other relevant circumstances.
- Wildlife sightings:
Nocturnal Wildlife Tours Ltd. cannot guarantee that tour clients will see a specific wildlife species of choice, however Nocturnal Wildlife Tours Ltd. does guarantee general nocturnal wildlife sightings (in tours unaffected by cancellations as stated in point no.3 “Tour Cancellations”)
- Appropriate clothing:
The appropriate clothing must be worn for the duration of the tour. If a client has paid for extra tour participants, it is the duty of the client to make sure that any other participants on their tour are made aware of the need to wear appropriate clothing. Failure to do so may result in a client or participant being removed from the tour without the possibility of reimbursement of funds. Nocturnal Wildlife Tours ltd. will advise clients of what is necessary for a particular tour prior to the tour taking place.
- Tour guidelines :
NWT Ltd. guides will make sure that the guidelines are agreed to and understood prior to the tour taking place at the NWT Ltd. office. Failure to comply with tour guidelines will result in the necessary appropriate action being taken which could result in exclusion of a participant from the tour in the worst case scenario.
- Nocturnal Wildlife Tours Ltd. will not be held responsible should a client or participant become ill during a tour due to a disclosed or undisclosed medical condition at the booking stage.
All tour participants who have a known medical condition must take appropriate measures to ensure their own ability to take part on a tour (For example, a tour participant with asthma must ensure they carry their prescribed inhaler or other form of prescribed medicine in the event of an asthma attack).
- Clients and participants of a tour run by Nocturnal Wildlife Tours Ltd. take part at their own risk when out on foot. NWT does not accept any responsibility for the state of the ground which will be travelled across. All clients and participants will be deemed to have confirmed by making a booking that they are fit and physically capable of joining a tour and do not have any medical condition which may cause harm for activity to be undertaken by them. Nocturnal Wildlife Tours Ltd. only operate in destinations covered by risk assessments.
- Force Majeure, NWT does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage caused by matters out with the control of NWT such as fire, flooding, or any other reason over which NWT has no control and which could impact upon a tour taking place or, once commenced, a tour being completed.
- Clients and participants of a nocturnal tour may not bring or use any other night vision or thermal imaging equipment. Only equipment provided by Nocturnal Wildlife Tours Ltd. shall be used for the duration of a tour.
- Clients or participants must present themselves at the Nocturnal Wildlife Tours Ltd. offices on time in preparation to take part on a tour. In the event of an unavoidable delay, the client or participant must notify Nocturnal Wildlife Tours Ltd. as soon as possible prior to the tour commencement time, however the maximum allowable delay would be no more than 15 minutes. If a client or participant arrives more than 15 minutes late, they would be excluded from taking part on the tour without the possibility to receive a refund.
- Each client who enters into a contract by making a booking shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland.
- Nocturnal Wildlife Tours ltd. reserves the right to use all footage captured by tour participants using devices supplied by NWT for marketing and research purposes.
* In the event of a booking transfer you must also provide us with sufficient notice to make a booking substitution (typically a minimum of 14 days prior to the tour commencement date).
** Nocturnal Wildlife Tours Ltd. would reserve the right to alter the booking transfer time depending on the time of year and booking space availability.